AMAZON BURSARY APPLICATION 2024
Amazon Bursary Application 2024/2025 – Get all details on how to apply for Amazon Bursary 2024/2025 before the closing in September 2023.
ABOUT THE COMPANY – AMAZON
Amazon South Africa is a subsidiary of Amazon that was launched in 2017. The company offers a wide range of products to customers in South Africa, including books, electronics, clothing, and home goods. Amazon South Africa also offers Prime, its premium subscription service that includes free two-day shipping on eligible orders, as well as access to Prime Video, Prime Music, and other benefits.
The Amazon (Software Development Engineer) bursary invites applications from students who need funding to complete their studies. The bursary is awarded by Amazon Development Centre for people from previously disadvantaged backgrounds.
MORE ABOUT AMAZON BURSARY – STUDY FIELDS
Applicants for the Amazon bursary programme must be students entering into their final year undergraduates programme in 2024. They must proceed to an honours degree in 2025, after completing the internship programme.
- Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering.
- Study Year: Entering into the final year of Undergraduate (third year of a three-year degree OR fourth year of a four-year degree programme).
- Must be returning to education with the intention to complete an Honours degree in 2025.
- Only South Africa based universities are eligible
- Currently enrolled students who are consistently obtaining an average of 65% and above.
Career Plans & Motivations:
- Applicants must display a clear motivation for Amazon, the field of software development engineering, and are seeking an opportunity to be assessed for a full-time permanent role to start upon completion of their studies.
- Tuition fees
- Residence/private accommodation
- Books and stationery
- A personal computer
- Transport allowance
AMAZON BURSARY CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS
- Successful bursary applicants are required to complete an internship programme (during summer vacation), and participate in training opportunities at Amazon.
- Successful applicants must commit to accepting a full-time permanent role if an offer is extended following the internship assessment.
- Full-time roles start after completion of studies and applicants must commit to working in their full-time role for the equivalent number of years funded.
HOW TO APPLY FOR AMAZON BURSARY?
Applications must be completed online via Amazon Bursary Application 2024
Application open on 1 June to close on 30 September 2023. Late applications will not be considered by Amazon.
LIST OF BURSARIES FOR 2024