KNYSNA ROTARY BURSARY APPLICATION 2024/2025
Knysna Rotary Bursary Application 2024/2025 – get details you need and follow guidelines to apply for Knysna Rotary Bursary 2024/2025 before the closing date.
The Knysna Rotary bursary gets awarded for one year only and the student will need to apply again by completing an application if they are going to continue studying.
KNYSNA ROTARY BURSARY ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
You must meet the following requirements in order for your application to be considered:
- Student must have resided in Knysna area for a minimum of 5 years.
- Student must show evidence of academic potential with a minimum overall average of
- Student must show other source of funding.
- Student must be an undergraduate.
- Student must be aware that this is not a full bursary.
- Student attends a comprehensive interview
- Has a clear idea of what the course entails.
- Has some idea of what they intend doing after studying.
- Shows evidence of hard work at school – good marks.
- Shows evidence of leadership/involvement at school or in the community (sports
- participation, interact, prefect etc.).
- Has the communication skills to answer interviewer’s questions.
- Has some understanding that success depends on sacrificing pleasure some of the
- Has other source of funding.
- Has investigated accommodation and travel options.
- Has plans to have a holiday job during holidays.
- Has knowledge of the Rotary International organisation.
- Has knowledge of SA events (current affairs).
- Has adequate financial support from parents.
KNYSNA ROTARY BURSARY FIELDS OF STUDY
Individual bursaries vary from R6 000 to R30 000 each year with focus on studies in:
- maternal and child health,
- basic education and literacy,
- economic and,
- community development
- Nursing and caring
- Media and communication
- Business management
- Nature conservation
- Social work
- Architect drawing
- Ambulance training
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE KNYSNA ROTARY BURSARY?
Interested students must download the Knysna Rotary Bursary Application Form 2024 (.pdf) to apply for 2024 academic year.
- Photocopy of applicant’s Identity Document to be attached to the application.
- Passport photo of applicant to be attached in the space provided.
Sections 1 – 5 to be completed in own handwriting. Sections 6 & 7 to be completed by
KNYSNA ROTARY BURSARY CLOSING DATE
17 November 2023
LIST OF BURSARIES FOR 2024