DEPARTMENT OF SPORT, ARTS AND CULTURE BURSARY APPLICATION 2024
Department of Sport, Arts and Culture Bursary Application 2024/2025 – get all details, eleigibility criteria and guidelines you must follow to apply for the DSAC Bursary 2024.
DEPARTMENT OF SPORT, ARTS AND CULTURE BURSARY ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The Department of Sport, Arts, and Culture is thrilled to announce the opening of applications for bursaries dedicated to students aspiring to delve into heritage-related studies in 2024. This initiative aims to foster the preservation and promotion of South Africa’s rich cultural legacy
To be considered for the DSAC Heritage Bursary, ensure you meet the following criteria:
- South African citizenship.
- Provisional acceptance or admission letter from an institution accredited by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
- Age not exceeding forty (40) years.
- Outstanding or satisfactory academic performance (academic progress report if currently enrolled or Grade 12 results for first-year students).
- Field of study must be heritage-related.
- Not employed full-time by government, state agencies, or private sector with a salary exceeding R350,000.
- Students with alternative bursaries or donors for 2024 will be considered only if their tuition fees exceed DSAC’s threshold by at least 10%.
MORE ABOUT DEPARTMENT OF SPORT, ARTS AND CULTURE BURSARY – STUDY FIELDS
Explore a range of heritage-related fields, including but not limited to:
- Anthropology (forensic/medical focus)
- Archaeology (marine, underwater, and forensic focus)
- Archives and Records management
- Conservation of the built environment
- Collections management (cultural & natural)
- Museum Studies or Management and Curatorship
- Indigenous Knowledge Systems (IKS)
- Digital heritage
- Fine Arts
DSAC BURSARY VALUE & BENEFITS
- Maximum value: R110,000 per student.
- Study fees: Covered in full.
- Books: Total cost of prescribed books covered.
- Electronic devices: Up to R10,000, reimbursed based on submitted receipts and invoices.
- Accommodation: Maximum of R50,000 (where applicable).
- Meals: Maximum of R18,500 (where applicable).
- Transportation: Maximum of R10,000 (where applicable).
- Funds payable directly to the higher institution of learning.
Before diving into the application process, ponder these questions:
- Have you been provisionally or officially admitted for the 2024 academic year?
- Does your chosen qualification align with the highlighted fields of study?
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF SPORT, ARTS AND CULTURE BURSARY?
Eligible students can submit their applications via Department of Sport, Arts and Culture Bursary Application 2024. Prospective students are advised to have all required documents scanned and ready for upload during the application.
BURSARY PROVIDER CONTACT DETAILS
For inquiries about the bursary application process, reach out to Ms Reinette Stander at telephone: 083 469 2931 or via email at [email protected]. Alternatively, contact Mr Maano Muhadi at telephone: (012) 441-3622 or via email at [email protected].
BURSARY CLOSING DATE
The closing date for applications is 28 February 2024. Unveil your potential and contribute to the preservation of South Africa’s cultural tapestry.