ARMSCOR BURSARY APPLICATION 2024/2025
Armscor Bursary Application South Africa 2024 – we provide detailed guide on how to apply for Armscor Bursary 2024 before the closing date set out. All applications must reach Armscor before the closing date set out.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – ARMSCOR
Armscor, the Armaments Corporation of South Africa, in partnership with the defence industry, is offering bursaries to exceptional learners through the Armscor Bursary Scheme.
The aim of the scheme is to address the critical science and engineering skills of the defence industry, by focusing on promoting and improving results in Maths, Science and technical subjects at schools.
ABOUT ARMSCOR BURSARY – FIELDS OF STUDY
The bursary will be awarded to learners from previously disadvantaged backgrounds who intend to study full time in the engineering and science fields of study.
Applicants in the following fields of study will be considered for the bursary programme:
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Applied Mathematics
- Chemistry and Physics
- Computer Science
- Electronics/Electrical (Light current) Engineering
- Human Kinetics & Ergonomics Science
- Industrial Engineering
- Information Technology
- Material Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Metallurgy Engineering
- Naval/Marine Engineering
WHAT DOES ARMSCOR BURSARY COVER?
Successful applicants will have the following expenses catered for by Armscor while they focus on their studies:
- tuition fees
- accommodation and meals
- prescribed books
- vacation work (Where possible)
MORE ABOUT ARMSCOR BURSARY – ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Here is the criteria that you must meet in order for your application to be considered by the bursary provider:
- Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African Citizen
- Candidates must have an interest in working in the defence industry
- Achieved levels of 5, 6, and 7 in Mathematics, Physical Science and English
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institute within South Africa
- Excellent academic Results
HOW TO APPLY FOR ARMSCOR BURSARY?
If you are interested in this bursary programme simply visit Armscor Bursary Application 2024 page to download the form.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric Mid-year results, if currently in Matric(certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Parent(s) or guardian(s) ID documents (certified copies)
- Parent(s) or guardian(s) proof of income(latest payslips/employment letter/SASSA grant letter/affidavit for informal traders)
- Death certificate if deceased
The following documents will also be required in the final stages of the bursary selection process:
- Final Matric results(certified copy)
- University acceptance letter or proof of registration
- Student number
- Fees statement, if currently at tertiary level
Application must be submitted electronically via email or hardcopy via post to:
Email: [email protected]
(insert the words ‘’ Armscor Bursary Application- Your Full Name” in the email subject line). OR
Senior Manager: Learning & Organisation Development, Armour LTD, Private Bag X337, Pretoria,
The closing date for all applications is 27 February 2024
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact:
Name: Sam Sibiya
Tel: 012 428 2434
Email: [email protected]
LIST OF BURSARIES FOR 2024