Harmony Gold bursary is awarded by Harmony Gold Mining Company Limited to top-performing students in their 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of studies. Applications for the bursary are open until 31 December 2022. Late applications will not be considered.
Harmony Gold Bursary Eligibility Criteria
Interested applications must come from students in core mining disciplines such as:
- Mining Engineering
- Extractive Metallurgy
- SurveyRock Engineering
- Electrical Engineering – Heavy Current ONLY
- Mechanical Engineering
- Human Resources and Social Sciences
- HealthSciences and
- Information Technology
- Applicants must be between 18 and 35 years of age.
- A valid South African identity document (SA Citizen).
- A National Senior Certicate, having passed all subjects with 60% and above.
- Students planning to study in the Engineering eld, must have a minimum of 70% for Mathematics & Physical Science.
- Students already at tertiary institutions must have obtained an average of 60% and above in all major subjects. Current year results, must be attached.
- Must be studying or plan to study on a full-time basis.
- Brief Curriculum Vitae (max 3 pages).
Harmony will only consider students having an acceptance letter from the tertiary institution that they can enrol for their 1st year of studies and who can verify that they are in their 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of studies.
How To Apply For Harmony Gold Bursary?
- A certified copy of your personal identity document
- Certified proof of your results (if in grade 12, submit grade 11 December results, and Grade 12
- Mid-Term results or Preliminary results)
- Full details of your academic transcript if already at an Institution of Higher Learning (Accredited)
- Your curriculum vitae/resume ( Max 3 pages)