GCRA Bursary Application 2024/2025 – Get details and guideliines of how to apply for the GCRA Bursary 2024/2025 before the closing date set out for 2024 academic year.
The GCRA bursary if offered by the Gauteng City Regional Academy which is a divisional branch of the Department of Higher Education of South Africa.
ABOUT GCRA BURSARY – ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The bursary is made available t students who reside in Gauteng Province. They must be intending to enroll for any undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in 2024.
Applicants for the GCRA bursary must meet the following requirements to be considered:
- Learners from Gauteng Province (proof of residence is required)
- Applicants must be in possession of matric
- Applicants must intend enrolling for an undergraduate programme
- You must have been accepted at an accredited PSET institution of learning and/or is currently registered for such.
- Postgraduate applicants must be accepted at an accredited institution of higher learning
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THE GCRA BURSARY?
The students who meet the following criteria automatically qualify to apply. They must complete the application form online in order to be considered. They are as follows:
- Top Achievers from Gauteng Province Schools
- Top learner from no-fee paying schools in Gauteng Province
- Top 3 learner from LSEN schools in Gauteng Province
HOW MUCH DOES THE GCRA BURSARY PAY?
The bursary caters for the following expenses:
- registration fees,
- tuition fees,
- accommodation in residence (to a maximum value of R65 000) or off-campus/ private accommodation (to a maximum value of R47 000),
- laptop and
- a living allowance for off-campus/ private accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GCRA BURSARY?
Students interested in the bursary must apply online via GCRA Bursary Application 2024 before the closing date
- Certified copy of South African ID(by birth)
- Proof of Gauteng residence(utility bill or letter from ward councillor)
- Matric Certificate and or latest academic results(certified)
- Proof of income from parent(s) or guardian(s) or affidavit
- Letter of Motivation(not more than 2 pages)
- Proof of registration or acceptance letter from PSET institution
- Disability or medical report(where applicable)
LIST OF BURSARIES FOR 2024