The Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa (PRASA) is excited to announce that it is inviting suitable students to submit their application for bursary. Applicants are invited to apply for 2023 academic year.
The bursary covers students who are enrolled or intend enrolling for engineering, operations as well as technical courses.
At Grads24.co.za we do our level best to keep you informed about bursary programmes, requirements and closing date changes for PRASA Bursary.
About PRASA (Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa
The Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa (PRASA) is a public entity that was established in terms of the South African Transport Services Act on 2008 (as amended). PRASA’s mandate is to deliver commuter rail services in the Metropolitan areas of South Africa, long-distance rail and bus services within, to and from the borders of the Republic of South Africa.
Since PRASA is wholly-owned by Government, it reports to the Minister of Transport. The entity’s mandate is implemented in consultation with and under the guidance of the current Transport Minister.
Bursary Eligibility Criteria
If you are confident that you do meet the following requirements, you are invited to apply:
- You must be a citizen of South Africa
- You must have successfully completed Matric
- You must be a full time student on a qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must be enrolled in a recognised and accredited tertiary institute within South Africa
- You must demonstrate good academic abilities
- You must NOT be receiving any any other financial assistance in a form of a bursary
Also See: Engineering Bursaries For 2023
How To Apply For The Bursary?
Applicants must request Prasa bursary application forms from the agency. You can send your request to [email protected]
Once you have receive the form, fill it in and send it back with all required documents. Below is the list of attachements that must accompany your application:
- Identity document (certified copy)
- Grade 12/matric certificate (certified copy)
- Most latest academic record (on the institutions letterhead) (certified copy)
Your application will be considered if accompanied by the followign document as listed below:
- Your SA ID document (certified copy)
- Your latest academic results demontrating your capabilities (certified copies)
- Your Matric certificate (certified copy)
What Does The Bursary Cover?
This bursary will pay for the successful applicants’ cost towards:
- Tution fees
- Registration fees
- Prescribed books
Applications must be posted or delivered to:
The Bursary Department
Human Capital Management
1040 Burnett Street