BDO Bursary South Africa 2024 – BDO offers bursaries to those students intending to qualify as a CA(SA). These range from full bursaries to partial bursaries covering tuition and books. BDO is also a funder to Thuthuka, SAICA’s bursary fund for previously disadvantaged students. To find out more about how you can benefit from this particular bursary fund BDO offers financial assistance to well-rounded, academically strong candidates studying or considering studying towards a CA(SA) qualification.
BDO Bursary South Africa 2024
Preference is given to AIC students. Acceptance of a bursary requires the student to complete a training contract in terms of a learnership agreement with the BDO office that awards the bursary. BDO allocates a full or half bursary dependent on academic achievement and available financial resources. Our bursaries exclude residence fees and are limited to registration fees, tuition fees and books for each year of study. Bursary applications are processed throughout the course of the year. Due to the high number of applicants, you may only receive feedback towards the end of the year.
Bursary Application Requirements
- Be studying at an accredited university which offers South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) accredited programmes through to Honours / CTA level.
- NOT be signed with any other professional services firm to complete a Chartered Accountant training contract
- NOT be in possession of a bursary / scholarship / financial assistance award which has employment obligations or post training contract employment obligations;
- Commitment to study towards a CA(SA) qualification with majors in accounting and auditing
BDO Bursary for Matriculants
- Minimum “B” in Mathematics (Maths Literacy is not accepted)
- Minimum “B” in English Home Language or as a 1st language
- Overall average of 70% or higher in Grade 11 and Grade 12
- Proof of provisional acceptance from a SAICA accredited university for the CA(SA) programme.
All applicants will be interviewed and shortlisted matriculants have to complete a psychometric assessment to determine suitability.
BDO Bursaries University students
70% or more in Accounts I 65% or more in Accounts II Continuation of bursary for CTA will depend on achieving the minimum requirements as stipulated by the university.
How To Apply?
Applications for this bursary must be done on Skills Map Africa safe link. You must first create an account. You signup with your email address, password and you confirm your selected password.
Once you have successfully registered, you will then come across the option to load or create your CV.