SANSA Bursary Application 2024/2025 – Get full details to help you submit your SANSA Bursary 2024/2025 application before the closing date in September 2024.
SANSA BURSARY ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
In responding to South Africa’s need to increase science and engineering graduates, SANSA is offering bursaries for Postgraduate studies (Honours/4th year, MTech, Masters, DTech and Doctoral). Bursaries for 2024 academic year are awarded to the following study fields:
Engineering (MEng, MTech, MSc, PhD, DTech)
- Software and software systems engineering
- Aeronautical, aerospace, mechanical, electrical, electronic, mechatronic and computer engineering
- Space, systems, antenna and RF engineering
Earth Observation (Hons, MSc, PhD)
- Remote sensing
- Geospatial programme
- Earth system science with remote sensing
- Earth observations in ecosystems accounting
- Applications of remote sensing in environmental management, including oceans and marine, agricultural and rangelands, water resource management, mineral resource and spatial planning
Space Science (Hons, MSc, MPhil, PhD)
- Solar physics and space weather forecasting
- Antarctic radar studies of atmospheric gravity waves
- Multi-instrument studies of space weather
- Modelling geomagnetically induced currents in power systems
- Multi-scale ionospheric physics, structure and dynamics
- Ionospheric and radio propagation modelling
- Theory of waves and solutions in plasmas
- Atmospheric radiation studies
- Verification of space weather forecasting
All SANSA divisions (Hons, MSc, PhD)
- Computer science
- Information systems
- Software and systems engineering
- Data science
- Field of your choice related to key SANSA objectives
SANSA BURSARY VALUE
- Hons – 1-year R100 000 (excluding allowance to be determined on a case-to-case basis)
- Masters – 2 years R120 000 (all inclusive)
- PhD – 3 years R140 000 (all inclusive)
BURSARY APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Your application must be accompanied by the following documents
- FULL academic record
- Fee statement for ALL study years
- Proof of any undergraduate bursaries/funding
- An application will only be considered if it has been completed properly and in full.
- Only bursary application within the mandated STEM fields will be considered.
- Applicants with a minimum average of 65% for their last academic year or qualification will be considered, in conjunction with the previous point.
- SANSA projects can be located on https://research.sansa.org.za/ under Projects . All proposal submissions in the related study areas will be submitted, for consideration, to our bursary committees.
- SANSA welcomes any new projects that relates to our listed projects and encourage applicants to contact our researchers for advice and assistance with their proposals.
- Only certified documents must accompany your 2024 application
- SANSA or university testimonial forms must be completed by the supervisor and uploaded to the application form.
- Masters and doctoral bursary holders MUST reapply every year for continued funding.
HOW TO APPLY FOR SANSA BURSARY?
Applications for 2024 academic year must be done online via SANSA Bursary Application 2024