Thaba Chweu Local Municipality is offering bursaries to financially needy and qualifying learners/students within its vicinity wishing to study at a tertiary institution of their choice i.e., University, University of Technology or FET College for the 2023 academic year.
Bursary Eligibility Criteria
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Thaba Chweu Local Municipal area, in Mpumalanga
- You must be currently in Matric in 2022 or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an undergraduate qualification, within one of the preferred fields listed above, in 2023
- You must be studying or have been accepted to study at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa (University, University of Technology or FET College)
- You must be in financial need
- You must NOT be employed by the Municipality
Bursary Fields of Study
Applications are invited from students within the following fields of study:
- Engineering & Environment (Roads and Stormwater, Water and Sanitation, Electricity,
- Waste Management)
- Town Planning, Human Settlements, Land use management, Agriculture and Forestry
- Finance, Human Resources, Accounting, Stores and Logistics Management
- Travel and Tourism
- Information Technology
- Certified copy of Grade 12 latest report.
- Certified copy of National Senior Certificate or Statement of symbols with admission to a bachelor’s degree or diploma, or tertiary academic record.
- Certified copies of salary advice of parent/s or guardian or affidavit indicating
- employment status of the parents/guardian
- Certified copies of identity documents of both applicant and parents/guardian.
- Copy of University, University of Technology and TVET College admission letter for 2023
- Academic year.
- Copy of tertiary admission letter for 2023 academic year.
- Proof of residence
How To Apply?
Completed application forms must be submitted to the Office of the Mayor (Lydenburg Civic Centre at corner Sentraal and Viljoen streets) alternatively to Municipal Unit Managers in Northern Areas, Graskop, Sabie and Mashishing.
Correspondence will be made with successful applicants only. For enquiries contact the Office of the Executive Mayor on 013 235 7325 or 7408.
31 January 2023