Liberty Bursary Application South Africa 2024/2025 – Get details and guidelines to submit your application for Liberty bursary for 2024 academic year. Applications must reach Liberty before or on 31 August this year for year 2024.
ABOUT LIBERTY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS OF STUDY
Liberty bursary will be awarded to full-time study of Actuarial Science applicants at various tertiary institutions.
Applicants must show the ability to innovate and share our passion for people; thus maintaining our competitive advantage.
Successful applicants are expected to do a minimum amount of vacation work during the June and December holidays at the Liberty Head Office in Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
The Liberty bursary is reviewed after each examination based on the student’s academic performance and are renewed annually. The bursary is granted on merit, but preference is given to black (African, Coloured and Indian) applicants.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR LIBERTY BURSARY
To submit an online application for the bursary you must meet the following criteria:
- Excellent overall results including a distinction for higher grade Mathematics
- A minimum of four distinctions, with distinction in higher grade Mathematics and Physical Science
- At tertiary level, students must maintain continuous excellence in academic performance in all subjects
- Good leadership qualities and participation in extramural activities such as sports, debating societies, chess clubs and various Olympiads, etc are an added advantage
WHAT DOES LIBERTY BURSARY – VALUE AND BENEFITS
- Tuition fees are paid for each academic year of study and reviewed annually based on academic performance
- Residence fees/subsistence allowance is paid for shared accommodation at a university residence
- A monthly subsistence allowance is paid if the student chooses not to live at the university residence
- A book allowance is paid annually for the purchase of textbooks
- First year students qualify for a calculator allowance
Applications are open to all students regardless of the year of study. Once approved, the bursar will enter into an agreement with Liberty Life that will be renewed annually.
All bursars are obliged to complete a period of employment for every year of sponsorship. The standard employment contract will be entered into once studies are completed.
The closing date for Liberty bursary application is 31 August 2023. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR LIBERTY BURSARY?
All applications for 2024 academic year must be done online via Liberty Bursary Application 2024
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record/ transcripts (on institutions letterhead)
LIST OF BURSARIES FOR 2024