LGSETA BURSARY APPLICATION 2024
LGSETA Bursary Application South Africa 2024 – here you will find all details and guidelines you need to apply for LGSETA Bursary 2024 before the closing date in November 2023.
ABOUT LGSETA BURSARY – ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The Local Government Sector Education and Training Authority (LGSETA) invites applications from students who wish to part of their bursary programme for 2024 academic year. You must meet all the criteria set out by the LGSETA to qualify.
This is a discretionary grant bursary and targets 1rst year students in study fields related to within related to sector priority occupations and interventions (SPOI) List.
MORE ABOUT LGSETA BURSARY – FIELDS OF STUDY
You must be pursuing one of the following study programmes to qualify for the bursary:
- Accounting/ Financial Accounting/ Management Accounting/ Accounting Science (Honours/ Bachelor)
- City/ Regional Planning/ City Planning and Urban Design/ Urban and Regional Planning/ Town and Regional Planning/ Development Planning (Masters)
- Civil Engineering (N4, N5 & N6)
- Civil Engineering (specialisations: Environmental; Construction Management; Water; Transport; and Urban Engineering) (Bachelor/ Diploma)
- Civil Engineering Technologist (specialisations: Environmental; Construction Management; Water; Transport; and Urban Engineering) (Bachelor/ Diploma)
- Computer Science/ Computer Science and Information Systems/ Computer Science and Information Technology (Honours/ Bachelor)
- Disaster Management (Masters)
- Electrical Engineering (N4, N5 & N6)
- Electrical Engineering (Honours/ Bachelor/ Advanced Diploma)
- Engineering Management (Master of Engineering)
- Honours/ Advanced Diploma/ Bachelor in Environmental Management/ Environmental Science in Disaster Risk Reduction/ Environmental Planning and Development/ Environmental Science/ Environmental Engineering/ Environmental Health
- Financial Management (N4, N5 & N6)
- Information Technology related/ Information Technology in Support Services/ Information Technology Management (Honours/ Bachelor/ Advanced Diploma)
- Information Technology (NCV)
- Public Accountability (Advanced Diploma)
- Public Administration/ Public Administration and Management/ Adaptive Leadership (Advanced Diploma/ Honours/ Bachelor)
- Public Management (N4, N5 & N6)
- Supply Chain Management/ Logistics and Supply Chain/ Supply Chain and Operations Management/ Public Procurement Management/ Public Procurement Policy and Regulation (Advanced Diploma/ Bachelor)
- Town and Regional Planning/ Urban and Regional Planning (Advanced Diploma/ Postgraduate Diploma)
- Town and Regional Planning/ Urban and Regional Planning (Honours/ Bachelor/ Post Graduate Diploma)
LGSETA BURSARY MORE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Applicants must be South African citizens or a permanent residents in South Africa
- Applicants must be currently in Grade 12 or have completed Grade 12
- Applicants must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards one of the above qualifications in 2024
- Applicants must be studying or accepted/ provisionally accepted to study at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa (University, University of Technology or TVET Institution)
- Only unemployed applicants will be considered
HOW TO APPLY FOR LGSETA BURSARY?
Applications must be submitted online via LGSETA Bursary Application 2024 to be considered.
Below is the list of documents that must accompany your application:
- Certified copy of your ID Document.
- If you are in your first year at an institution, include a certified copy of your Grade 12 results, and
continuing students must include previous year academic results.
- Attach highest grade and qualification achieved including results.
- Attach proof of registration
- Fee structure (Quotation, Account statement or invoice from the institution), books and residence costs.
- Proof of Income/ Affidavit (for unemployed), and certified ID copies of parent/guardian.
8 November 2023
Make sure that you application reaches LGSETA before or on the date above, late applications will not be considered.
LIST OF BURSARIES FOR 2024