The Master Builders Association Western Cape (MBAWC) is offering bursaries to students who submit their applications for 2023 academic year. Application must reach MBAWC office before or on 20 January 2023.
MBAWC BURSARY ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Bursaries will be offered to successful applicants within the following Build Environment fields of study
- Bachelor Science In Civil Engineering (BSc)
- Bachelor Science In Construction Studies (BSc)
- Bachelor Science In Construction Management (Hons)
- Bachelor Science In Quantity Surveying (Hons)
- Master of Science In Project Management
- Construction (Extended) (Diploma)
- Construction (Diploma)
- Construction (Advanced Diploma)
- Construction Health & Safety (Advanced Diploma)
- Quantity Surveying (Advanced Diploma)
- Master of Construction
- other field
The MBAWC bursary is awarded on yearly basis and gets renewed upon submission of funded year academic results.
- Only SA citizens who completed their basic education in schools in the area of jurisdiction of the MBA Western Cape will be considered.
- Bursaries are only for students wishing to pursue a career in the disciplines attached (Section B) and who do not qualify for NSFAS funding, or any other bursary fund or support from a SETA (CETA).
- The Affidavit attached to this application must be completed to confirm that the income of the
parents/guardian exceeds the cap for NSFAS funding programme, but is within the upper limit as described.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are family members or employees of an MBAWC member company.
- Preference will be given to applicants already employed by a member company compliant with the BIBC benefit system for a minimum uninterrupted period of 24 months.
- Should information requested not be submitted with the application it will be rejected unless we are advised of a delay in the submission of any document required.
How To Apply For MBAWC Bursary?
You must Download MBAWC Bursary Application Form
Submit complete form with the following documents that are required to email address: [email protected] with subject of the email must reading “MBAWC Bursary Application 2023”
- Photograph to be attached to the application form (recent, passport sized)
- ID document (certified copy)
- Most recent academic record/ results (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational letter to support your application (see futher details on the application form)
- Affidavit confirming that your parents or guardians income exceeds the cap for NSFAS funding (see futher details on the application form)
The MBAWC Office
(Att: Benjamin Zantsi)
The Training & Development Officer
MBA Development Trust
PO Box 382
20 January 2024
LIST OF BURSARIES FOR 2024