SAGE BURSARY APPLICATION 2024/2025
Sage Bursary Application 2024/2025 – this provides you with details and guidelines you must follow to apply for Sage Bursary 2024/2025. Your application must reach Sage before the closing date set out below.
SAGE BURSARY ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Sage bursary is targeting previously disadvantaged students who are living with disabilities who want to study further in any of South Africa universities. Sage bursary recipients must enrol is a public institution that is recognized by the the Higher Education. The bursary is offered as part of Sage’s contribution to empowerement and development of skills in the country.
Sage started small and has grown over the year to employ 11 000 individuals who customers accross more than 20 countries in the world.
Sage remains the leader in the market for integrated payroll, payment systems, and accounting systems, supporting the ambition of global entrepreneurs. The company prides itself for transforming the way people think and work, enabling their organisations to thrive.
MORE ABOUT SAGE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS OF STUDY
This bursary opportunity is open to students who are undertaking undergraduate studies on full-time bases.
Applicants for Sage bursary must enroll on the following academic programmes:
- Computer Science / Engineering and Information Technology,
- Bachelor of Commerce (specialising in Accounting and Finance)
First year to final year undergraduate student can apply.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Current Gr 12 learners with Mathematics and Physical Science marks of 75% and above.
- Current university students who are consistently obtaining an average of 65% and above.
- The bursary is open to South Africa students only
- Applicants must come from previously disadvantaged communities
- You must be admitted in one of South Africa’s institutions of higher learning
- Applicant’s family income should be from R350 000 to R500 000 per annum; assuming that those below this bracket are covered by the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS). Students who are below this bracket and meet the criteria but have not been granted a DHET bursary through NSFAS will also be considered;
- The field of study should be IT, Accounting and Computer Sciences; an exception will be made for students with disabilities to include all other fields of studies;
- Current pass rate should be 65% and above, an exception will be made for people living with disabilities for a lower rate but not below the expected pass rate; and
- The fund will cover current fees and historical study debt.
WHAT DOES SAGE BURSARY COVER?
The Sage External Bursary will cover the costs (capped) of the following:
- tuition fees
- residence / private accommodation fees
- stationery and prescribed books
How To Apply?
- Applications must be completed on StudyTrust’s online platform before 30 September to be considered for a bursary for next year.
- Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.
- South African ID (certified)
- A full academic record including the latest available results (June 2022 examination results or progress report)
- Official Matric/NSC results if you have completed Grade 12 or final Grade 11 results and June 2022 report card for current Gr 12s.
- Proof of address if you are applying for a bursary sponsored by a renewable energy plant or trust. Only applicants living within a 50 km radius of a solar or wind farm are eligible for these bursaries.
- Proof of income: The combined annual household income will be a critical consideration in the selection process. It is essential that proof of income for both parents (if applicable) be uploaded. This could be:
5.1 Salary or wage slips of the parent(s) or guardian(s)
5.2 An affidavit from the parent(s) or guardian(s) stating that they are unemployed or self-employed. If they are self-employed, the affidavit must state their annual income.
5.3 Most recent audited financial statement or three months’ most recent bank statements if the parent(s) or guardian(s) own a business
5.4 SASSA letter stating the grants received in the household where applicable
5.5 Death certificate(s) if parent(s) are deceased
5.6 Letter from the court stating child support amounts if parents are divorced or an affidavit from the parent stating the child support amount received if parents are separated
- A clear head and shoulders picture
LIST OF BURSARIES FOR 2024