SAMAC bursary seeks to help deserving students who wish to pursue a career in the Macadamia industry in South Africa. The opportunity is open to South African citizens only. Students wishing to be funded by SAMAC in 2024 must submit their application before the closing date appearing at the end of this post.
In order for your application to be considered for the SAMAC bursary, you must be studying towards a degree or postgraduate degree, preferably majoring in Horticultural Science.
About The Bursary – SAMAC
SAMAC which is Macadamias South Africa NPC is comprised of macadamia nut growers, nurseries, handlers (processors, exporters etc) and industry service providers.
The mission of SAMAC is to lead the development of a profitable and sustainable industry in the common interests of its members through technical and marketing innovation.
SAMAC Bursary Duration
The financial assistance will be made available to successful applications for the period of 2 years. First time beneficiaries of the bursary will have to renew it when progrssing to the following year.
Fields of Study
- Agricultural Economics (BSc)
- Agricultural Management (National Diploma)
- Bioresource Engineering (Agricultural Engineering) (BSc)
- Entomology (BSc)
- Extension and Rural development (BSc)
- Food Science (BSc)
- Forestry (National Diploma)
- Forestry and Wood Science (BSc)
- Plant Pathology (BSc)
SAMAC Bursary Application Eligibility
Applications for 2024 must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a South Africa citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying towards a Undergraduate Agriculture qualification (National Diploma/ BTech/ BSc)
- Studying at a recognised South African tertiary institution
- Previously disadvantaged background
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
SAMAC Bursary Obligations
SAMAC intends employing bursars who successfully complete their studies for the period of two years. This is with the provision that there is a vacancy open.
If graduates reject available positions upon completion, they will be required to pay back the money spent on their studies. This will have to be done in a period of three months
Bursary recipients are required to focus their seminars and projects on macadamia nuts where possible.
How To Apply?
The closing date for SAMAC bursary is 15 December 2023