KZNFC BURSARY APPLICATION 2024/2025
KZNFC Bursary Application 2024/2025 – The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission (KZNFC) is invites applications from students who wish to apply for 2023 bursaries. Students are invited to submit applications for 2024 academic year.
KZNFC bursaries are limited to Film and Television Production and Animation related studies. Studies must be undertaken in a recognized institution of higher learning within the province of KwaZulu-Natal.
KZNFC BURSARY OBJECTIVES
The KZNFC was established in accordance with a provincial Act of year 2010. The Commission is set to begin fulfilling its mandate to make the KwaZulu Natal province a film production centre of South Africa. In 2014/2015, the KZNFC developed systems and policies to support and attract national and international roleplayers in the film industry.
Objective of the KZNFC are as follows:
The KZNFC derives its mandate from the KZN Film Act No. 3 of 2010, which established the KZNFC and has as part of its objectives:
- To promote and market the KwaZulu Natal province as a global destination for film production
- To develop, promote and market, locally and internationally, the film industry in the province
- To facilitate investment in the film industry in the province
- To provide and encourage the provision of opportunities for persons, especially from disadvantaged communities, to enter and participate in the film industry in the province
- To address historical imbalances in the infrastructure and in the distribution of skills and resources in the film industry in the province
- To contribute to an enabling environment for job creation in the film industry in the province
KZNFC BURSARY ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The Commission has set a criteria for students who wish to be considered for this funding opportunity. For your application to be considered you must meet the following:
- Applicants for the bursary must be either be enrolled or in the process of enrolling to study Film/TV and Animation (minimum NQF level 6 qualification) at a KwaZuluNatal recognised institution of higher learning.
- Matriculants and undergraduates who wish to pursue their careers in Film/TV Production and Animation at a KwaZulu-Natal recognised tertiary institution.
- The bursary only gets awarded to applicants who reside within the province of KwaZulu Natal
WHAT DOES THE BURSARY COVER?
- Prescribed books allowance.
- A monthly allowance.
- Accommodation for students resideing at least 50kms from the the institution of higher learning.
Preference will be given to applicants from the following groups:
- People Living with Disabilities
- Applicants who study TV/Film Production and Animation.
- Qualifications for actors are not supported
- Post-Graduate for Animations ONLY
- South African citizens only residing in KZN province
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE KZNFC BURSARY?
To apply for the bursary you must request an application form from the Commission by emailing [email protected] Once the form has been completed it must be returned to the same email address.
BURSARY CLOSING DATE
15 October 2023
Only successful applicants will receive communication from the KZNFC. Considere your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from the commission.
For more information, visit website on www.kwazulunatalfilm.co.za or call our offices on (031) 003 9000