Blind SA Bursary 2024 – Get full details and directions to submit your application for the Blind SA bursary for 2024 academic year.
Blind SA Bursary 2024
Formed in year 1946 Blind SA offers bursaries to South Africa students who wish to pursue tertiary education in 2024. The bursary will be awarded to partially sighted, children whose parents are partially sighted or blind and blind students. All deserving applicants must submit their application before the closing date
Blind SA bursaries are made available two times a year. They are for first year students right up to Master students from South Africa.
The value of the bursary is up to R8000 for students on full time programmes. Successful applicants on part-time study programmes receive up to R4000 bursary amount.
If your application is successful you will have your studies paid for for the period of 1 year. You need to renew your bursary for the following year. You must submit your result in order for your bursary to be renewed.
Blind SA Bursary Eligibility
If you wish to submit your Blind SA bursary application for 2024, you must meet the following criteria stated below:
- Bursary applicants must be a South African citizen
- Bursary applicants must be blind or partially sighted OR a child of a parent who is blind or partially sighted and the parent must be a member in good standing of a Member Organisation affiliated to Blind SA
- Applicants must have completed Grade 12 or an equivalent qualification
- You must have passed with a minimum overall average of 60% in Matric or equivalent qualification (if this is your first application)
- You must be enrolled or studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
How To Apply For Blind SA Bursary 2024?
Download the Blind SA Bursary Application Form 2024 online
Complete the application form and return it with the following documents:
- Your recent academic performance report
- Your final examination results for the previous study year (this must be submitted as soon as it is available and by NO LATER THAN 1 February or 1 July each year)
- Your registration proof
- Detailed description of your course (including duration and fees)
- Your eye condition form (signed and stamped by an Optometrist or Ophthalmologist)
Complete applications together with required documents must be submitted to the Blind SA Head Office, in either of the following ways:
Email Address: [email protected]
Post: Blind SA, Private Bag X9005, Crown Mines, 2025
31 January 2023 and 31 July 2023
Contact: Lindre Playandi
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 011 839 1793 / 011 839 179