The Richards Bay Industrial Development Zone SOC (Ltd) is inviting students to apply for the bursary programme for the 2023 academic year. Study assistance will be awarded to new first year’s academic students that has performed with code 5, 6 and 7 in grade 12 subjects.
Applications for 2023 academic year must reach RBIDZ before or on 25 January 2023.
Study Fields Approved
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial and Mechanical Engineering
- Finance and Business
- Information Technology
- Computer and Data Science
- Architecture and Built Environment
Bursary Eligibility Crieteria
The RBIDZ bursary will be awarded to learners from previously disadvantaged backgrounds who intend to study full time in the specified fields of study, at the University of their choice in South Africa.
- Ensure that this form is completed in full.
- Complete in BLOCK LETTERS and BLACK INK.
- Note that the Richards Bay Industrial Development Zone will only sponsor learners from the King Cetshwayo, District.
- All required documentation should be certified by commissioner of oaths and should not be older than 3 months certified.
- Please ensure that this form is duly signed by the applicant.
- Please note that only qualifying applicants per admission criteria will be considered
- Incomplete and late applications will be disqualified.
- Applications are only open to South African citizens
How To Apply?
You must download and complete the Richards Bay IDZ Bursary Application Form 2023
The form must be returned with supporting documents as listed below:
- Identity Document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate/ statement of results if certificate is not yet available (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance from a University or University of Technology (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (3 months payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployment, SASSA grant income or pension if applicable) (certified copy)
- Reference letter from a teacher or community leader (read our tips on getting a reference letter/ testimonial for your bursary application)
- Motivational letter stating why you want to study at your selected University or University of Technology, what you intend on studying and your career aspirations (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
- Proof of residence in King Cetshwayo District
Complete application form and supporting documents must be returned by email to: [email protected]