Northern Cape Government Bursary Description
The Northern Cape Government bursary programme is made available by the office of the Premier of the province. The bursary invites applications from South African students who wish to further their studies but do not have funding to do so.
The Northern Cape Government bursary is for full time students who are enrolled in any institution of higher learning. Learners currently in Matric or Grade 12 are also invited to apply.
Northern Cape Government Bursary Eligibility Criteria
- Proof of registration from the Higher Education Institution for the qualification in the
- relevant field of study must be attached.
- Provisional acceptance from a university should also accompany the application.
- In order for a learner to qualify for a bursary, he /she must obtain at least 60%
aggregate (Grade 12, current & enrolled students)
- Incomplete application forms or applications with insufficient information, according
to the checklist, will not be considered.
- Closing date for ALL applications is 18 November 2022.
Late applications will not be considered. The bursary covers undergraduate studies / first degrees only.
Bursary Fields of Study
- Prosthetics Orthotics
- Orthotics Assistant
- Bachelor of Education, FET – Afrikaans, Xhosa and Setswana
- Bachelor of Education
- Arts and Culture
- BSc / B Com Information Technology Systems
- BSc Data Science
- Developmental Studies
- economic and Management Sciences
- Mining Minerals and Energy
- Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Rural Development
- Social Work
- Tourism and so much more
- Town and Regional Planning
- Transport Economics
- Transport Engineering
- Environmental Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Human Settlements
- International Relations
- Local Government
- Marine Economy
How To Apply?
Download the Northern Cape Government Bursary Application Form, fill it in and return it with required documents.
- Certified copy of Identity Document
- Certified copy of recent results (matric / academic results from
Institution of Higher Learning)
- Certified proof of acceptance by Higher Education Institution
- Proof of registration at Higher Education Institution
- Certified proof of income of both parent (s)guardian (s) co debtor (s)
- Latest 3 month bank statements of both parents / guardians
- Child grants and pension slips should be confirmed by official
documents from SASSA
- In case where the parent (s) guardian (s) or spouse are unemployed ,
proof of such from the Department of Labour or an affidavit must be
- Self-employed person must attach the latest Financial Statement and
- Certified Identity Document copy of the of the parent (s) guardian (s)
- Certified copy of the death certificate of the parent (s) guardian (s) or
- Certified copy of the marriage certificate
- If parents are divorced, a certified copy of the divorce decree must be
- If the Application is for an orphan or fostered child, authentic legal
documents from a social worker or the Department of Justice & CD
must be attached
- In case of a single parent, proof of such from school principal or
affidavit must be attached
- The legally appointed guardian must submit the related documents
issued by the court / magistrate stating that he /she is taking care of
- Letter from all registered banks confirming account details / status
of both parents / guardians etc
- Signed Application form
The closing date has been extended from November to 2 December 2023