South32 produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc in Australia, Southern Africa and South America. They also own a highgrade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have partnered with several junior explorers with a bias to base metals.
Whether it’s for use in infrastructure, energy generation, consumables or vehicles, South32 believe the extraction and processing of minerals and metals can be done in a responsible way.
Bursary Details – South 32
South 32 is inviting individuals who are interested in furthering their studies at institutions of higher learning in South Africa. Preference will be given to applicants residing within the King Cetshwayo District area.
The individuals interested in this bursary must have excellent academic track record.
What Does South 32 Bursary Cover?
- Tuition Fees
- Registration Fees
- Meals and Accommodation
Please note the bursary cover changes from year to year.
Bursary Available Options
South 32 are making available a number bursaries to deserving students, within the following Mining related fields of study (Degree or Diploma):
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Mine Surveying
- Extractive Metallurgy
- Environmental Sciences
- Applicant must be South African citizen
- Applicants must have completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Applicants must be studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Applicants must be studying or intend on studying full time at an accredited University or University of Technology in South Africa
- Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups in the Northern Cape
How To Apply For South 32 Bursary?
This bursary is now not available, please contact South 32 directly to enquire about the reopening of bursary application forms. Contact details are listed far below.
39 Melrose Boulevard
Melrose, Johannesburg, 2076
PO Box 61820
Phone: +27 11 376 2000