Masakh’iSizwe Bursary 2024 – Get detailed information and guidelines to apply for the Masakh’iSizwe bursary programme for 2024.
About The Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme
This bursary programme was established by the Western Cape Provincial government in 2006. The aim was to create a pool of trained professionals in the built environment and engineering fields of study. Applicants must undertake and diploma or engineering in the fields of study indicated above.
To introduce the Masakh’iSizwe bursary programme, the Western Cape government partners with Higher Education institutions and NGOs.
Fields of Study
Below is the list of study rogrammes that qualify for this bursary programme:
- Property studies
- Transport economics
- Transportation engineering
- Electrical and/or electronic engineering
- Civil engineering
- Construction management
- Mechanical engineering
- Quantity surveying
- Town/City and regional planning
Advantages of Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme
- Priority is given to financially disadvantaged learners especially women, students with disabilities and learners from rural communities.
- Provisioning of support services programmes.
- Securing of learning opportunities for Masakh’iSizwe bursars (i.e. interns).
- Securing of employment opportunities for graduates.
More About Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme – Bursary Value
Successful applicants will have the following expenses paid for:
- tuition fees,
- prescribed textbooks,
- prescribed study materials,
- food/ transport and
- accommodation in residence
Approved Institutions Where To Study
- University of Cape Town
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Stellenbosch University
Who Can Apply For Masakh’iSizwe Bursary?
- A South African citizen
- Students accepted or intending to study at a Higher Education Institution in the Western Cape
- Preference will be given, but not limited to: Persons with disabilities, the financially
disadvantaged, female learners and applicants from
the Western Cape.
Bursary Contractual Obligation
The bursaries are offered on a work-back basis. In other words, you will have to work in the public service and/or partnered companies for one year for every year you have received a bursary. During your studies, there will be weekends when you are required to:
- Attend workshops, events and meetings
- Participate in outreach programmes
- Undertake experiential training
How To Apply For Masakh’iSizwe Bursary?
Follow these steps to submit your application for 2024 academic year:
Step 1: Register an account on the Masakh’iSizwe Bursary System
Step 2: Login to the Masakh’iSizwe Bursary System
Step 3: Complete the Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Application
31 August 2023