South African Reserve Bank (SARB) Bursary – Get full details and instructions to help you submit your application for the SARB bursary. Applications must reach SARB before or on 30 September for 2024 academic year.
- See our other Bursaries Open All Year Round here
- See our other Accounting Bursaries South Africa here
SARB Bursary 2024
To address the severe shortage of skills in South Africa, the South African Reserve Bank (SARB), provides bursaries to applicants in relevant fields of study. Applicants must be from disadvantaged backgrounds.
South African Reserve Bank (SARB) Bursary Information
The aim of the bursary is to support the corporate social initiatives of the Bank and the Bank’s External Bursary Scheme (the scheme).
A limited number of external bursaries are awarded on annual bases to needy and qualifying Matric/Grade 12 pupils. Only full-time student will be considered for this opportunity.
Who Must Apply The Reserve Bank Bursary?
If you are interested in submitting your application for the SARB bursary you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- you ,must have achieved an average pass mark of 70% in the June Grade 12/Matric examinations, with the final awarding of the bursary subject to final results;
- you must be younger than 30 years; and
- you must be in financial need (unable to afford to attend
university without a bursary).
Study Fields For The SARB Bursary
If you are a South African student and you want your studies in any local university but have limited financial resources, you must apply. The bursary is open to applicants in these fields of study:
- Actuarial Sciences,
- Mathematical Statistics,
- Information Technology,
- Dentistry and
- Social Work
A bursary will be awarded to first year applicants and is first reviewed each year. Successful applicants will not need to apply every year. The number of beneficiaries of this programme will be reviewed on a yearly basis.
The Reserve Bank (SARB) will provide bursars with vacation work opportunities that are funded by the Bank.
Over and above the criteria set out in paragraphs 1 to 3 above, the following will be used as guidelines in the awarding of bursaries:
- Bursaries will be awarded to qualifying bursary applicants who obtained an average of at least 70 percent in the June Matric/Grade 12 examinations with final awarding subject to final results and enrolment acceptance at a South African university.
- Bursaries will be awarded to South African citizens only.
- Only students who do not have the financial means of attending university would be considered for a bursary.
How To Apply For The SARB Bursary?
Applications are performed by downloading the South African Reserve Bank (SARB) Bursary Application Form 2024
The closing date for submission of applications shall be 30 September for 2024 academic year.
Examination results, proof of acceptance at a recognized institution (student number) and any other supporting documents must be submitted with the application form.
Application to be posted to:
Mr John Legoete
P.O. Box 30632
Fax: 086 609 7183
Email: [email protected]
Please use the promotional code as per the application form.
30 September 2023