ETHEKWINI MUNICIPALITY BURSARY 2024/2025
eThekwini Municipality Bursary Application 2024/2025 – this aims to provide details and guidelines to apply for eThekwini Municipality Bursary 2024 before closing date.
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ETHEKWINI MUNICIPALITY
The eThekwini Metropolitan Municipality, also known as the City of Durban, is a metropolitan municipality in the KwaZulu-Natal province of South Africa. It is the third most populous city in South Africa after Johannesburg and Cape Town.
The municipality covers an area of 2,291 square kilometers (885 sq mi) and has a population of 3,442,361 people according to the 2011 census. The municipality is divided into 103 wards.
ABOUT ETHEKWINI MUNICIPALITY BURSARY – FIELDS OF STUDY
The eThekwini Municipality bursary programme invites applications from students who have passed at least their first year of studies at a recognized institution. Applications from students who are only due to start their studies in 2024 must include proof of their acceptance from a South African public university and matric results.
eThekwini Municipality is offering excellent bursary opportunities to South African citizens interested in a rewarding career, in:
- Bsc/ B Eng Civil Engineering
- Bsc/ B Eng Electrical (Heavy Current)
- Bsc/ B Eng Mechanical Engineering
- Bsc Architecture &
- Bsc in Property Development
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE ETHEKWINI MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
If you wish to be considered for the bursary programme you must meet the fllowing criteria:
- Be a South African citizen.
- Have completed Matric OR currently be in Matric.
- Possess a strong academic record.
- Be enrolled or accepted for full-time study in one of the specified fields of study.
- Pursue or intend to pursue studies at a recognized public tertiary institution in South Africa.
- Applications from students with disabilities are encouraged.
- Priority will be given to eThekwini residents.
- Priority will be given to students who have completed their first year of study.
- Priority will be given to students who are both eThekwini residents and have experienced previous disadvantages (based on disability, race, and gender).
MORE ABOUT ETHEKWINI MUNICIPALITY BURSARY – VALUE & BENEFITS
The benefits of the bursary include accommodation fees, tuition fees, examination fees, a book allowance and a once off computer allowance on the second year of study (subject to compliance with the agreement).
HOW TO APPLY?
The eThekwini Municipality Bursary Application 2024 have not opened yet for new entrants into the programme. Grads24 will provide an update once the date is issued.
BURSARY CONTACT DETAILS
Contact Name: eThekwini Municipal Academy/Nokulunga Sibiya
Telephone Number: 031 311 3192/031 3227535
LIST OF BURSARIES FOR 2024