SACTWU BURSARY APPLICATION 2024/2025
SACTWU Bursary Application 2024/2025 – Get all details on how to apply for Naspers Bursary 2024/2025 before the closing in October 2023.
SACTWU BURSARY ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The Southern African Clothing & Textile Workers’ Union (SACTWU) bursary extends invitations to deserving applicants who need financial assistance. The bursary is limited to members of SACTWU, their children and spouses. Legally adopted children of member are also eligible for the funding.
- The maximum amount allocated to students in university is R23 450. You must be enrolled in a Public University in South Africa.
- Students enrolled in private institutions that are registered with the Department of Higher Education of South Africa get up to R4690.
- The bursary allocation is limited to tuition fees for both public and private institutions as identified above.
- Applications must be from a SACTWU member/ a child of a SACTWU member/ a legally adopted child of a SACTWU member/ a husband or wife of a SACTWU member
- The SACTWU member must have active membership paid up fees as at 31 July 2023
- Applicants must enrol at a tertiary institution that is registered with the Department of Higher Education (University, University of Technology, private institution, but NOT a FET/ TVET College)
HOW TO APPLY FOR SACTWU BURSARY?
In order to apply you need to download SACTWU Bursary Application Form2024 (.pdf). Return your form with the following documents:
- Certified copy of your ID document
- SACTWU members ID document (certified copy)
- SACTWU members latest payslips (certified copy)
- Your face photo (ID photo size)
- A certified copy of your Grade 12 certificate, if in 1st year of study (certified copy)
- A certified copy of your full academic transcript for all previous years of study
- A certified copy of detailed statement of account from institution for 2023, with cost per module
- If the SACTWU member is the applicants biological parent: unabridged birth certificate with parents names (certified copy)
- If the SACTWU member is the applicants legal guardian: valid letter of guardianship from Department of Social Development / Court Order, member’s marriage certificate and both member and spouse identity documents, death certificate of student’s biological parents (certified copies)
- If the SACTWU member is the applicants spouse: member’s marriage certificate and member and spouse identity documents
- Affidavit from member regarding status of employment if the SACTWU member is retrenched
- Affidavit from student stating employed/ unemployed and latest payslip if employed for part-time or correspondence studies:
- If a SACTWU member child dependent: completed Application Form to join SASU (.pdf)
Complete application form accompanied with required documents must be returned to the following addresses:
SACTWU Bursary Department
P.O. Box 18359
3RD Floor – James Bolton Hall
127 Magwaza Maphalala Street
SACTWU BURSARY CLOSING DATE
11 August 2023 (for 2nd semester courses)
28 February 2023 (for full year and 1st semester courses)
LIST OF BURSARIES FOR 2024