ABOUT GAST BURSARY
Gats Bursary Application 2024/2025 – Get all details on how to apply for Gast bursary 2024/2025 before the closing date.
GAST provides a complete spectrum of services from design and supply to installation in both the civil and construction industries. The Group’s philosophy is based on the principle of single point responsibility.
Having successfully completed more than 12300 projects during the last millennium, GAST boast accreditation from United Nations and World Bank, giving credit to GAST’s quality and performance on all dynamics.
GAST BURSARY ELIGIBILITY
GAST intends awarding bursaries to individuals applicants who strive to be top achievers and form a part of our ever growing team.
GAST bursaries are available for students studying towards a BSc, B Eng or B Tech qualifications in the fields of Engineering (civil; mechanical; industrial and mining), Quantity Surveying and Building/Construction Management.
GAST is motivated by the principles of Employment Equity.
WHAT DOES GAST BURSARY COVER?
- Tuition Fee
- Registration Fee
- Examination Fee
- Text Book
The company shall pay for all traveling costs incurred and remuneration to and from the Institute of study.
Please note the bursary cover change from year to year due to budget allocations.
FIELDS OF STUDY
- Building/ Construction Management
- Civil Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
Bursaries are reviewed after each examination based on the student’s academic performance and renewed annually. All bursaries are granted on merit.
WHO MUST APPLY FOR GAST BURSARY?
- Applicants must be South African citizen
- Applicants must have completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Applicants must be studying or intend on studying towards mentioned qualifications above
- Applicants must wish to pursue a career in the Engineering, Construction and Surveying
- Applicants must have excellent academic records
- Applicants must be able to provide proof of his/her current academic results and be in possession of a grade 12 exemption certificate with Maths and Science
- Applicants must maintain a minimum of 70% aggregate to be considered.
- Applicants must be studying full-time towards a relevant degree and at a recognized South African university or university of technology
The student will be required to work one year for every year of studies paid for by the company. In-Service training periods are excluded from this period. The service obligation period will commence after completion of studies/after graduation.
HOW TO APPLY?
The bursary can be applied online, click on the highlighted link below in order to apply.
Apply via Gast Bursary Application 2024
The following documents may be required addtionally to your application form
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric certificate (certified copy of)
- Proof of university enrollment or acceptance into your selected field of study
- Latest academic results
- Proof of any other qualifications
- Full detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve the bursary
Application open from July every year
Bursar’s Contact Details
For more information on this bursary, click on the link below and submit your request.