EWSETA Bursary 2024 – EWSETA’s responsibility is to manage skills development through strategic sector skills planning within the framework of the National Skills Development Strategy III. This includes developing a sector skills plan and implementing the sector skills plan by: establishing learning programmes; approving Workplace Skills Plans and the Annual Training Report; allocating grants to employers, education and training, providers, and workers; monitoring education and training in the sector; registering learning programme agreements; and promoting learnerships and other training programmes.
EWSETA Bursary South Africa 2024
EWSETA which stands for Energy and Water Sector Education and Training Authority is a skills development organization providing services for the energy and water sectors. It is one of 21 Sector Education and Training Authorities SETAs established in South Africa.
Sector Education and Training Authorities (SETAs) aim to address the skills gap facing the country and enhancing skills in the different sectors of the economy.
What Does EWSETA Bursary Cover?
- Tuition Fee
- Registration Fee
- Accommodation and Meals
- Text Book
Please the bursary cover may be adjusted from year to year based on the allocated budget.
EWSETA Bursary Options
- Engineering Studies (GFETQSF) (Certificate: N1/ N2/ N3)
- Civil Engineering (Bachelor of Engineering)
- Electrical Engineering (Diploma/ Bachelor of Technology)
- Engineering Technology (Computer Systems) (Diploma)
- Quality (Bachelor of Technology/ Master of Technology)
- Hydrology and Water Resources Management (Bachelor of Science)
- Supply Chain Management (Diploma/ Advanced Diploma/ Bachelor degree/ Honours degree)
- Marketing (Diploma/ Postgraduate Diploma/ Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Commerce Honours)
- Information Systems Management (Advanced Certificate)
- Information Technology (Advanced Diploma/ Bachelor degree)
EWSETA Bursary Eligibility
- Applicant must be South African citizen
- Applicant must have completed Matric or equivalent
- Applicant must be currently studying OR accepted to study at a recognised South African tertiary institution (university or TVET College)
- Applicant must be currently studying OR accepted to study within the Energy and Water sector
- Preference will be given to students from previously disadvantaged communities (youth, black, female) and students with disabilities
How To Apply For EWSETA Bursary?
Click on the highlighted link, download and complete the bursary application form.
The following documents must be submitted along with your completed application form:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate or equivalent, if a 1st year student (certified copy)
- Previous academic record/ results, if a 2nd or 3rd year student (certified copy)
- Proof of application/ provisional acceptance offer from university/ TVET College, if a 1st time applicant (if not yet available, must be submitted as soon as received)
- Proof of household annual income
EWSETA bursary does not have a closing date specified and fall under bursaries open all year round in South Africa.
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: [email protected]
2) By Mail:
P.O Box 1273
3) Hand delivery:
– EWSETA Head Office (Gauteng, Limpopo, Mpumalanga)
32 Princess of Wales Terrace
Sunnyside Office Park
– EWSETA Western Cape/ Eastern Cape Provincial Office
False Bay TVET College