Student who pass their matric, TVET, University of Technology and University levels but find themselves short of money to proceed with their studies, approach the National Students Financial Aid Scheme for assistance.
They are required to sumbit their applications using a form that gets sent to them when applications open each year. This articels details step by step NSFAS application process.
- NSFAS Application Submitted- student uploads application on the system
- System Checks – The system will go through each and every step or information supplied by the applicant to check if the applicant hold any previous qualification.
- Verification – NSFAS will perform third party verification with the Department of Home affairs and SASSA
- Documents Verification – all documents supplied by the applicant are verified
- NSFAS Eligibility Checks – the agency check if your household income falls within the bracket that is allowed to apply
- Awaiting Academic Results and Acceptance – NSFAS checks the applicants academic result and institution admission status to ensure that you meet the requirements.
- Awaiting Status of registration – We receive registration data from your institution to enable us to create a bursary agreement.
- Signing of agreement – At this stage you need to sign your bursary agreement for NSFAS to release your allowance.
- Payments – Your allowances are now paid through NSFAS mobile wallet system or through your institution.
Once all these NSFAS Application Step by Step process is complete, the applicant gets informed if their application was successful or not.
The agency has just announced that is will be issuing something called NSFAS Mastercard which is aimed at helping beneficiaries manage their money much better.